Midamar Halal Chicken Tandoori
Posted by Halal Living Recipes 68 Comments
Turn this into an Indian Feast by adding naan bread, bowls of yogurt, mango chutney, basmati rice, lime and cilantro.
• Juice of 1 lemon • Salt to taste
• ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• ½ red onion
• 4 cloves garlic smashed
• 1 – two piece ginger grated
• 4 teaspoons of tomato paste
• 2 teaspoons ground coriander
• 1.5 teaspoons cumin
• 1.5 teaspoons hot paprika (optional)
- Preheat the broiler. Cut the Midamar Halal Chicken Thighs into cubes. Add lemon juice and salt and set aside.
- Put 2 tbsp yogurt, vegetable oil, onion, garlic, ginger, tomato paste, coriander, cumin, 1 teaspoon paprika, and a half teaspoon of salt in a food processor. Pour mixture in bowl with the chicken and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Place Midamar Halal Chicken Thighs on a foil on a pan and broil. Turn once until you see a little bit of char – about 5 minutes on each side.
- In a new bowl, add remaining yogurt, paprika, salt and cilantro. Serve as a sauce on the side.