Halal Chicken, Seafood, and Sausage Gumbo Recipe
Posted by Halal Living Recipes 0 Comments
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 chicken thighs, boneless skinless.
- 8 cups water
- 8 ounces of Midamar Halal Hot Links
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons herbs de province
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder.
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a 5-quart pot. Add chicken. Sauté until browned on both sides. Remove.
- In a separate pot, add 8 cups of water and the sautéed chicken. Cover and simmer on medium heat for 1 hour.
- Drain, saving the stock in a large bowl.
- Mix all the seasoning and spices together
- In the original pot with the chicken drippings, add hot links and sauté until brown on all sides.
- Remove links. Add a quarter cup of oil to the links and chicken drippings.
- On medium-high heat and slowly add flour 1/4 cup at a time, stirring until smooth. Cook flour and fat stirring until browned about 5 min.
- Add onion, red pepper, celery, parsley, and 3 tablespoons seasoning mix and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the stock, stirring quickly until well mixed and slightly thick.
- Add another 3 tablespoons of seasoning mix and cook for 20 min. Add chicken, sausage, and shrimp and cook 10 minutes.
- Taste and add more seasoning if desired