Hi everyone! This week we’ll be posting a few videos in preparation for Independence Day on July 4th and we’ll be starting with backyard favorite in my Household, the Halal Chili Dog. Now, everyone makes chili differently, and I know I change the way I make chili each time I make it. Sometimes I try using red pepper flakes, sometimes I use cayenne pepper, sometimes I fantasize about making my own chili powder out of dried chilis but forget to look for them at the grocery stores! The recipe below is what I try and always have in my chili for this recipe, it’s simple enough that you can add your family’s favorite ingredients and it should still taste great! If you want to mix this chili dog up a bit I would suggest switching the Beef Franks out with our jumbo or regular sized hot link or our smoky Campfire grillers.
½ cup of Midamar ground Beef
1 package of Midamar Beef Franks
¼ cup chopped onion
1 garlic clove
1 8oz. can of tomato sauce
¼ Tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. of Chili Powder
1 Tsp. red pepper flake (optional)
Hot dog buns
Your favorite shredded cheese
1) Dice onion and garlic and set aside.
2) Brown the Ground Beef and add onion and garlic and cook through.
3) Add salt, pepper, chili powder, and red pepper flake (optional) and stir for an addition 3 minutes.
4) Pour tomato sauce into beef mixture and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
5) Grill hot dogs and place in buns, cover with chili and cheese
This is the first of three videos we'll be putting out this week, keep an eye on our Facebook for more recipes later this week! Be sure to check us out on Youtube and follow us on Instagram as well. Thank you from all of us Midamar and have a great July 4th!