I will always remember the first time I had a breakfast bagel sandwich, I was at my best friends apartment and his girlfriend came over and made us dinner. That dinner, ladies and gentlemen, was the breakfast bagel. She made it with just turkey, cream cheese, and honey mustard, which was and still is a great choice (try it out), but I have expanded this sandwich to encompass a variety of tasty aspects. First, I use garden vegetable cream cheese. The flavored version adds a little variety to each bite, plus it’s my favorite cream cheese so. Yeah, use your favorite if you want to change this recipe. Next is the meats, Turkey deli meat is a classic, but I’ve found that when you fry it in a pan it becomes much better and our sandwich style breakfast beef is phenomenal on sandwiches... as the name would imply. Plus, it’s breakfast beef, it’s great on everything but this is even better because it’s specifically designed to be easier to bite through, that way you don’t pull out all the breakfast beef in one bite. Finally, the healthy toppings. In this recipe, and in the video, I use alfalfa sprouts because I really like them, but this would work with pretty much any topping you want. Spinach and tomato? Try it out. Lettuce and cucumbers? Try it out. Kalamata olives and sundried tomatoes? Try it out! No matter how you make this delectable sandwich your own, be sure to let us know!
1 package of Midamar Oven Roasted Turkey Breast
1 package of Midamar Sandwich Style Breakfast Beef
1 Asiago Bagel (or some your favorite flavor of bagel)
2 Tbsp of Garden Vegetable Cream Cheese
A pinch of alfalfa sprouts
2 slices of American cheese (or your favorite cheese)
1) Spread cream cheese on bagel and set on cutting board. Cut 2 strips of Midamar Sandwich Style Breakfast Beef in half and fry until cooked. Remove to a paper towel laid out on cutting board. Do not drain.
2) Cook egg in breakfast beef drippings, try to form the egg into the general shape of your bagel. Remove to cutting board.
3) Fry 2 slices Midamar Oven Roasted Turkey Breast until golden brown and remove to cutting board.
4) Place cheese on either piece of bagel, place the turkey, the egg, and the breakfast beef strips. Next, place your alfalfa sprouts and cover with the other half of your bagel.
5) Fry the whole sandwich over medium heat until the bagel is toasted and cheese is lightly melted.
That’s it for me this week, check us out on Facebook and let us know if you made this and how you made it your own! Be sure to check us out on Youtube and follow us on Instagram as well to keep up on all of our delicious Halal recipes. Thank you from all of us Midamar!