Hey everyone! Cassem here again with our second video in the cooking with Cass series! This week we’ll be taking a look at Stuffed Bell Peppers. This Bell Pepper recipe is something I learned to love in college, it’s a quick and easy recipe to whip together after a long day at work, or class. This recipe calls for Jalapeños, but I enjoy switching them out with habaneros for a little extra heat!
Oh! One last thing don’t forget to wear gloves when cutting hot peppers. Better to be safe than sorry!
1 lb Midamar Ground Beef
1 Poblano Pepper Diced
2 Jalapeños Diced
½ Cup Black Beans
½ Cup Corn
1 15 oz Can of Diced Tomatoes, Drained
1 Cup of Rice, Cooked
1 tsp. Cumin
1 tsp. Chili Powder
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 Cup Mexican Cheese
1) Dice Peppers and begin cooking Midamar ground Beef
2) Add peppers to beef and cook for a few minutes
3) Stir in Cumin, Chili Powder, Garlic Powder, Black Beans, Corn, Can of Tomatoes, and Rice. Cook through and remove from heat; keep warm
4) Remove top and insides of 4 bell peppers (color doesn’t matter)
5) Stuff the peppers with the ground beef mixture and place into a deep pan.
6) Cover each pepper with Mexican cheese
7) Pour ¼ cup of water into the bottom of the pan and cover with tin foil
8) Bake at 425°/200° C for 20 minutes
9) Remove from oven and take off tin foil. Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is golden brown